The Archives is open 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday, during the academic year.
Hours are subject to change, especially during academic breaks and holidays. If a visit is not possible within these hours, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 802.485.2947.
We are located on the 5th floor of the Kreitzberg Library on the Norwich University campus. Lodging and parking information is available here.
We’re always excited to welcome researchers to our new reading room. Whether you’re new to the archives or have been here before, there are a few simple guidelines we ask visitors to follow:
- Archival materials and rare books do not circulate and may only be used in the reading room. All visitors will be asked to sign-in.
- Paper, pencil, cameras, phones and personal laptops are allowed in the reading room. However, all visitors will be asked to store their bags and coats with us.
- The use of pens is prohibited in the reading room. Pencils are freely available to those who need them.
- Not all archival collections are stored on the 5th floor of the library. Some materials may not be available without prior notice. If an archival collection requires advance notice to access, there will be a note in the “Access Restrictions” section of the finding aid. To learn more about restricted material, see our Records Restrictions Policy.
- Gloves are available to all researchers and should be used when handling photographs. Gloves are not necessary for handling other paper materials.
- Some materials may be photocopied or scanned in accordance with the limits of the copyright act (Title 17, United States Code). Photocopies and scans may be made by archives staff only. Researchers wishing to have copies or scans made should contact us. Some fragile or rare materials may be damaged if photocopied or scanned. We reserve the right to set restrictions to protect our collections. For more information on obtaining reproductions, see our Copies and Reproductions services.
- Researchers may use personal cameras (with flash turned off) to capture images of documents for later reference. Creation and use of photographs of documents must comply with the limits of U.S. copyright law (Title 17, United States Code). An in-house camera is available to all researchers.
Norwich University Archives Kreitzberg Library 158 Harmon Drive Northfield, VT 05663 USA Phone: 802-485-2947 Fax: 802-485-2173 firstname.lastname@example.org http://library2.norwich.edu/catablog/